A big popular physics talk at the Night of the researchers in Bratislava.
PICQUE conference in Rome. A new venture to quantum optics for me.
Hosting Alexey Melnikov from Innsbruck to discuss machine learning.
A summer student, Dominika Durovcikova from Oxford, will work on the QAOA algorithm with me.
Przemek Sadowski's thesis defense in Gliwice (I am on the committee).
Visiting Jens Eisert in Berlin.
AQIS program committee.
Obergurgl, quantum networks conference.
Quantum walks in Prague.
Visiting Dorit Aharonov in Jerusalem.
QIP program committee.
Off to Japan, visiting Tomoyuki Morimae to finish a paper on restricted verifier QMA.
Looking forward to the Frontiers workshop in Maryland.
See you at AQIS in Seoul!
I won a SASPRO (Marie Curie) grant, so I'm well settled and funded in Bratislava for the next 3 years.
Looking forward to the Benasque workshop and Aneto (-:
QCRYPT program committee.
See you at QIP!
Talking at QuPa in Paris, and TEDxSalon Bratislava.
Daniel Nagaj | researcher
a theoretical physicist living on the border of quantum information,
many-body physics and theoretical computer science
Students and teaching
Denisa Lampášová (undergraduate, quantum teleportation)
Dominika Ďurovčíková (summer internship, QAOA algorithm)
Jozef Melicher (undergraduate, quantum walks & scattering)
Libor Caha (graduate, quantum complexity, papers)
Mária Kieferová (undergraduate, quantum walks & aqc, papers, currently a PhD student at IQC Waterloo)
Introduction to Quantum Information, Comenius University (spring 2011, spring 2012)
Quantum Information II, University of Vienna (with F.Verstraete, spring 2013)
Intro to Quantum Information, University of Vienna (with C.Brukner, fall 2013)
Work experience & references
curriculum vitae, list of grants and projects
- Slovak Academy of Sciences | independent researcher, 2015-... | M. Ziman | RCQI Bratislava
- Simons Institute | research fellow, 2014 | Z. Landau | Quantum Hamiltonian Complexity
- University of Vienna | postdoc, 2012-2013 | F. Verstraete | Verstraete group
- Slovak Academy of Sciences | postdoc, 2008-2012 | V. Bužek
- MIT Center for Theoretical Physics | PhD, 2003-2008 | E. Farhi
- Comenius University, Bratislava | undergrad, 1998-2003 | V. Bužek